8.10.12

Dissertation Draft Take 5- The Proposal Defense

Well folks, it's done.  That's right.  I proposed and I passed.  Like my good friend/ colleague/ mentor/ major professor told me, "you have another marriage to prepare for now- your dissertation!"

I must add, in my uncensored fashion, "it was really no big deal".  The actual defense that is, not the getting ready for it- now THAT was a big deal.  However, once it was time to defend the proposal, the one I spent what felt like half of my life writing and planning, man was I ready.  I nailed it and you will to!

Data collection already began.  I have two more rounds to go, both of which are scheduled.  I'm on track for my May 2013 graduate, just as planned.  Man it feels good when things flow.  But no celebration yet, I still have to do what I said I'd do in that "no big deal" proposal.

The real work has just begun and I LOVE real work. Really, I do.  It beats out what I deemed meaningless/unauthentic coursework (which, unfortunately for me and those around me, is what my PhD program of study was often filled with) ANYDAY!!!!

Happy Monday y'all.  I'm off to concurrent data analysis session 1- woohoo!!! (There's nothing like "real" data)!

Stayed tuned for updates on the trials and tribulations of my final days as PhD student- yikes!

1 comment:

  1. It is almost a year since you did this post. It really pays if you love your work. Nothing really beats passion and intelligence. Hardwork is just secondary.

    Top Dissertation Topics

    ReplyDelete