15.2.12

Am I walking the student to professional bridge?

Something about this week has me thinking I might be.

First, I am neck deep in writing my dissertation proposal- it's slow coming, but at last I've found momentum.  I even have an outline skeleton (you know, the type with headings and no meat).  And, while it has A LONG way to go, at least I have a road map with focus (see my earlier post on my promise to focus)

Next, I have my second job interview coming up- they are paying to fly me out and are taking me to dinner after the long day of interview related activities- WHAT?!?!?!?  That's never happened to me before, but my husband says, "welcome to professional interviewing".

Finally, I got my first formal (AKA paid) keynote speaker request for a state level conference ALL ON MY OWN!

With this evidence before me, I think perhaps the bridge over stormy student waters is finally materializing for me, and for that I am entirely grateful.  I know I have a loooonnnnnggg journey ahead, but at least I am beginning to not only visualize myself as a scholar (see earlier post on when this happened), but am starting to partake in independent professional activities.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment