15.8.12

Dissertation Draft: TAKE 3- You better LOVE your topic

This is the advice I remember hearing years ago.  Advice, I must admit, that I brushed off  and stored in the "useless suggestions" part of my brain.  WELLLLLLL, let me tell you something: It has been re-assigned to the "CRITICAL INFORMATION" section of my brain.  Here is why:

I am SO FREAKIN' sick of the word capacity.  School capacity.  Human capacity.  Material capacity. capacity, capacity, capacity.  I am living, sleeping and breathing this word.  I mean how many different ways can one use this term???????  SERIOUSLY.

They, whoever they are, were right, "you better LOVE your topic" because you will live with it for A LONG TIME and if you don't love it, you may just throw it away out of shear BOREDOM.  And then you'll never finish.  What a shame that would be.

So, good for me, I do LOVE my topic.  And even with this love I am SO SICK OF IT.  The thing that worries me most is that I haven't even started collecting data yet.  This means that I have to live "capacity" for another 7 or 8 months. AND, I have to get others, my committee and proposal panel to be specific, to LOVE capacity too!!!!  Lord, help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment