12.2.13

Writing the dissertation- Part 3: Be OK with Change

It is inevitable that all great plans change, so allow it here too.

Can I just tell you how many times I've completely re-worked my Ch. 4- no, I can't bc I stopped counting at 5.  That is right, folks.


Also, don't forget to keep ch. 5 open while you write ch.4.  You will be inspired for points of discussion as you summarize results.  Having a place to put your "thoughts" about the data is exactly what ch. 5 is all about.  By putting it there right away, you accomplish 2 things: (1) you get to start the draft of ch. 5 early, and (2) you can do a better "objective" job at presenting the data and not your opinions about it.

So my lesson for you today is don't wait "until you're ready" to start writing your results and discussion section- just go for it.  Allow the organization to evolve as you type.  It will come together.  I promise.

That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

54 pages down folks!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment