6.1.12

Developing a Dissertation Proposal- part 1

Here I go folks..... I have officially entered the last semester of course work during which I take the bittersweet course, Research Design.  This is the course where, in theory, one designs their dissertation proposal- YIKES!

This also happens to be the semester during which I will complete my qualifying exams- double YIKES!

I end today with a favorite quote from my reading this week:

"In the mass detail that goes into the planning of a research study, the writer must not forget that the proposal's most immediate function is to inform readers quickly and accurately" (Locke, Spirduso and Silverman, 2007, p.6)

.....now how's that for hitting me where it hurts right out of the gates.

Wish me luck folks and come back often as I chronicle this journey with you- enjoy the ride (then I can be sure at least one of us will).

________________________

Locke, L.F., Spirduso, W.W., Silverman, S.J. (2007). Proposals that work: A guide for planning dissertations and grant proposals (5th ed). Thousand Oakes, Sage.

No comments:

Post a Comment