12.1.11

Qualitative Class 1

1.10.10
I really enjoyed class last night. Although, on my drive home I was reflecting on the class conversations and realized I came off quite a bit more negative then I probably needed to. I'm sorry for that. I really am making a commitment to my studies and myself this semester to not get "lost in relativism" and negativity, which I think is what happened last night. I do see a lot of purpose in research- thank goodness!
I keep thinking about statements from the professor regarding the value-laden nature of what questions are worth addressing or not, and the importance of following "my gut". It is so interesting to me, bc it seems to me that what each of us think important to address in research is based a lot on our own selves and our own values/morals/ideals/experiences/histories/etc... Further, it doesn't seem right that one's values are more "true" and worthy of studying than another's, however history (and the present day) is filled with horrifying examples of marginalizing/hateful "values" that harm people.
So how then do I, as a researcher committed to social justice, move forward...? These are the types of thoughts that plague me lately.............. THOUGHTS?????

No comments:

Post a Comment