11.5.11

History

In my early school years I hated history- truthfully I did.  Recently, however I can't seem to get enough.

So I found THIS site. IT chronicles educational policy and developments over the course of 400+ years.  Beginning in 1607 and staying updated through the present, this site give a nice overview of critical turns in our nations educational history.  Dewey's in here. Piaget. Even the Mayflower made it in. 

Check it out.  If anything, it is a great conversation starter:  What's NOT in in?  Who's NOT represented. 

WHY?

3 comments:

  1. Great site (timeline) -- thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Social Studies teacher and admitted history junky, history, government, etc was my favorite class in school. I loved it. This timeline is interesting for sure. I've always heard that history is written by the winners. Just some food for thought.

    ReplyDelete